Saturday, April 6, 2019 at 12:00 PM, the Autism Speaks Foundation will be holding a 5K Run and 3K Walk. The start/finish line will be in the 200 block of South Allen Street near the State College Municipal Building. The route will be closed to vehicle traffic during the event.
The 5K Run will use the following route:
- Start at 200 South Allen Street
- South on South Allen Street to Old Boalsburg Road
- South on Old Boalsburg Road to Ellen Avenue
- East on Ellen Avenue to William Street
- South on William Street to Bradley Avenue
- East on Bradley Avenue to South Garner Street
- North on South Garner Street to William Street
- East on William Street and turn around at cul de sac.
- Opposite route going back
Traffic control will be provided along the race route. Motorists are asked to use caution in the area during the race.
South Allen Street, from the entrance to Schlow Library to Foster Avenue, will be closed until 4:00 PM. The entrance to the Schlow Library parking lot will remain open. Parking will be restricted along the route.