Bulk Item Disposal
Scheduling Bulk Pickup
Residents may schedule an appointment for the collection of bulk refuse (i.e. riff raff, scrap) by submitting a Bulk Refuse Pickup Form or by calling (814) 234-7135, 24 hours a day, and leaving a message.
Bulk Item Collection
- The Borough provides bulk item collection by appointment. The collection begins on Monday of each week, unless canceled by a Monday holiday, and will continue until all requested stops are served.
- Bulk items must be placed at the curb or alley, depending upon your usual refuse collection point, by 6 a.m. on the collection day and should not be put out more than 48 hours prior to collection.
- No more than three bulk items should be placed for collection at one time.
- Requests should be made by 5 p.m. on Sunday for collection on Monday. If submitting a request by phone during non-business hours, please leave a detailed message with your name, contact information, property location and description of items for collection or submit the form online. Requests made after 5 p.m. Sunday will be added to the next regular collection list.
- Bulk refuse is limited to items typically generated by an ordinary household.
- Refrigerators, stoves, washing machines, furniture and similar items will be collected.
- Electronic devices will be accepted as bulk item collection only. Electronic devices can no longer be disposed of as refuse and must be recycled at the Centre County Recycling and Refuse Authority. Acceptable electronic devices are listed at:http://www.centrecountyrecycles.org/electronicsrecycling
Materials Not Collected
- Materials not collected included:
- Building materials, earth and rock, tree limbs, or stumps, any parts of which weigh over 40 pounds or are too large to handle are not collected. These items can be taken to the Glenn O. Hawbaker Recycling Center (earth, rock, limbs, stumps) or directly to the Centre County Recycling and Refuse Authority (building materials) for disposal. Please note, there will be a cost associated with either of these options.
- Tires are not collected. These may be taken directly to the Centre County Transfer Station for disposal (at cost) or prior arrangements may be made for drop off during normal business hours at the State College Borough Maintenance Facility by calling 234-7135.
- If no private arrangements can be made to dispose of these items, the Borough will remove them at a cost (labor, equipment and disposal fees plus overhead).