Sanitary Sewers

Sanitary Sewers
The Borough’s Public Works Department maintains sanitary sewer service for all properties in the municipality.
  • Use of the service is mandatory and is the only legal means of discharging sewerage in the Borough.
  • The State College Borough Water Authority bills residents quarterly for sewer rentals. Sewer rentals are based on water consumption.
  • Sewerage is treated at two treatment facilities: the Penn State Treatment Plant on University Drive and the University Area Joint Authority (UAJA) on Spring Valley Road.
  • You can visit the UAJA website at
  • To contact the Public Works Department regarding sewer service call (814) 234-7140.
  • Our offices are located in the State College Municipal Building, 243 South Allen Street, State College, Pennsylvania, 16801.

Was this page helpful for you? Yes No